I'm revisiting a project that I began thinking about in the Digital Preservation course last Spring. I posited the creation of a Digital Preservation Resource Repository (DiPRR) -- essentially an archive of published resources on digital preservation. By "published" I mean anything that was written/produced/recorded and made publicly accessible; which includes blogs, podcasts, white papers, journal articles, and the like. I've compiled a small corpus of resources that represent not only some of the key issues in digital preservation, but also range in formats from PowerPoint presentations, PDFs, mp3s, and web pages. Because web pages represent their own preservation challenges, I may end up dropping these from my collection, but we'll leave them in the mix for now.
The resources as a whole represent best practices, case studies, theory, and workflow management. My initial thought is that I'll be categorizing them with a flexible taxonomy much like what I'm using with for Delicious collection I've been building at my job. This allows at least an entry point for resources that may also be tagged with useful keywords or subject tags.
Sunday, September 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment